GoBike’s Constitution was last updated and approved by members at the 2015 AGM, see: GoBike constitution as at AGM 2015 This gives a formal outline of what we are and what we do.
The constitution has now been reviewed by a committee sub-group and this revised version, Constitution 2017 draft for AGM v2 Oct17 will be submitted for adoption at the 2017 AGM in November 2017.
In 2016 the committee met to discuss our objectives and the following 7 objectives were agreed at our AGM in November 2016:
- We will campaign for a cycling network designed and constructed to current best practices.
- We will work with partners at a pan-Scotland level for improved cycling design standards.
- We will engage with decision makers to prioritise investment to create an environment conducive to active travel.
- We will promote evidence-based decision making in support of active travel.
- We will be a trusted, credible organisation, growing our membership and encourage members to be engaged in our campaigns.
- We will promote a positive image of cycling and actively counter negative perceptions.
- We will work with other groups with aligned objectives.