Yes, the nights are drawing in so it’s time to check out those lights for your bike, but don’t forget all the things that are on from now through into September. We have told you about some of them and there is detail to follow on others, but here’s a summary – get them in your diary and get out to them on your bike:
- Sunday 27 August, “How much space – the Glasgow edition”, as per our post of 23 August, get along to GoMA at 10:15, for the iconic photo of bikes in Glasgow.
- Tuesday 29 August, South City Way Consultation event, as per our post of 18 August, 3pm – 7pm, at Govanhill Housing Association, Samaritan House, 79 Coplaw Street, Glasgow, G42 7JG
- From 31 August and through September, Glasgow Councillor rides. Our first one is with Christy Mearns, the new Green Councillor for Anderston/City/Yorkhill and we’ll be looking at Garnethill.
- Sunday 03 September, the GoBike September Lanarkshire Circular ride with an optional stop chez Jimmy Keenan in Uddingston. See http://www.gobike.org/about-us/cycle-rides Further details to follow.
- Friday 08 September, Glasgow Cycle Infra Day, the day to take a picture of the good, the bad and the ugly of our cycling infrastructure, see: http://www.gobike.org/glasgowcylcinginfraday17-3012
- Sunday 10 September, Pedal for Scotland, the day to cycle to that other city in the east, see: http://pedalforscotland.org/
- Tuesday 12 September, Connecting Clydebank Consultation, Clydebank Town Hall, 3pm – 8pm, see: http://www.west-dunbarton.gov.uk/business/regeneration/clydebank-town-centre-projects/connecting-clydebank/ Details to follow.
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday 15/16/17, Cycle Hack Glasgow, see: https://www.cyclehack.com/cyclehack-glasgow Details to follow.
- Saturday/Sunday 16/17 September, Cycling Embassy of Great Britain AGM and safari ride, see: https://www.cycling-embassy.org.uk/news/2017/07/20/save-the-date-embassy-agm-in-glasgow-16th-17th-september Details to follow.