- No consistent, overall policy for cycling has been used in drawing up these proposals.
- Advanced Stop Lines are proposed at some traffic lights but not all.
- At some junctions the Advanced Stop Lines only cover 1 lane, not both, of traffic, thus increasing the risk to cyclists when turning right.
- Cycle lanes exist in some parts, but not along the whole route.
- Although there are short sections of 24-hour bus lanes, which may also be used by cyclists, this is not the case along the whole route.
- No attempt has been made to improve the roundabout at the junction with Barrhead Road, to make it easier and safer for cyclists to negotiate.
If you wish to voice your concern about these proposals, please do so by Friday. If you object to the proposals, state clearly that you are submitting an objection.