Go Bike will be at the launch of CamGlen Bike Town on Saturday 19th July between 11am and 4pm.
Bike Town is encouraging everyone to cycle to Cambuslang Park and add their bike to the Interactive Bike Tower sculpture which is 5m high and holds 40 bikes.
The sculpture is the creation of Scottish artist Rob Mulholland, who says “I wanted to involve as many local people in the project as possible and thought that it would be a great idea if people could cycle to the park and help us make the sculpture with their own bikes. My hope is that everyone who lends their bikes will see this as their artwork. It’s an opportunity for the whole community to get involved in a fun project.”
The Bike Town launch event will include:
• Free cycle bag for the first 100 who arrive on a bike and hang their bikes on the sculpture.
• Plus free refreshments for all who arrive by bike.
• Lots of prizes, freebies and giveaways.
• Free Dr Bike.
• Free Bling your Bike with Eilidh’s Box Bike.
• Free cycle maps.
• Entertainment and sounds provided by CamGlen Radio.
• GoBike will be there plus other stalls with cycling and community related information.
Enter by the main gate on Cairns Rd. Cambulang Park, Cambuslang, G72 8PZ
The sculpture will stay in place until 3pm on Sunday the 20th July.
Keep up to date with this event on the Facebook event page
More info on CamGlen Bike Town