The new date for our co-hosted Campaigners Training Day is out! Stick Saturday 31st March into the diaries and sign up again to the Eventbrite here:
The program is still jam packed and confirmed speakers and workshops are currently looking like this:
Cllr Anna Richardson – Glasgow City Convener for Sustainability and Carbon Reduction
John Howie – Place & Equity Team, NHS Health Scotland
- Redesigning the Designs: the Space for People Byres Road approach to campaigning – how to create design drawings, street visualisations and graphics to communicate a vision of cycling for anyone of any age and ability. This workshop would discuss the fact they have taken the existing designs and publicised redrawn versions with better “space for people” – looking at both the redesigns from a road design perspective and also a practical graphic design approach.
- Out and about with your local Councillor: Tricia Fort from GoBike will be sharing the highs and lows of asking all 84 Councillors to take a walking or cycling tour of their wards to look at the good, the bad and the ugly in cycle infrastructure
- Taking the Personal out of Campaigning: David Brennan, one of the new co-convenors of GoBike and ‘infamous’ helmet cam blogger, will be talking about what you need to know before you lose your anonymity as a campaigner
- A Thousand Words – Iona Shepherd, one of the new co-convenors of GoBike and professional photographer will be showing you how to use images to give your event even more impact (bring your own camera or smartphone!)
- Local Authority Cycling Strategies – Matt Davis at Sustrans Scotland supports Local Authrities to develop their cycling strategies. Matt will be sharing what makes a good strategy and what we can do to make them better.
- Long game campaigning – Iain Monk from the Drem/Gullane Path Campaign has been campaigning to get a vital walking and cycling link between two East Lothian villages for over 13 years. With the campaign now set to get its path built, Iain shares what it’s like to keep on going.. and going.