We have some vacancies on our Core GoBike Team that desperately need filled as well as loads of other tasks that you can help with.
As active travel becomes more prominent and we are starting to see more long needed cycling infrastructure proposed in the West of Scotland, our role as cycle campaigners is becoming even more important. We need more of our members to get involved to help us keep on top of developments and to help us ensure that the new stuff we are getting is well designed. Of course we also have all of the rest of our roads that are not having improvements proposed, where we need to keep pressing for linked up networks. And as ever, we have redevelopment schemes going ahead like last year on Byres Road and this year on University Avenue where safe cycling had/has not been integrated within the plans.
GoBike is a growing and active campaign group of progressive people who work together to make our world a better place. Want to join in? Here are a few ways in which you can help:
- Join our Core GoBike Team
- Join the conversation and organisation on Slack
- Attend and report on consultation events
- Represent GoBike at local council active travel forums
- Help us write letters and press releases
- Help us gather evidence
- Help us organise protests
- Take the lead on your own mini-campaign
- Join our Think Tank pool of strategy and policy discussion
- Help lead a councillor tour in your area
- Help us write blogs
- Join our Web Team
- And if you aren’t already a member please sign up. Our growing number makes us increasingly stronger.
If you can help with one or some of these things please drop us a line to let us know where you’d like to step in and we’ll show you how.