Meetings are either committee meetings, although any member may attend, held to discuss organisational and campaigning issues, or Annual General Meetings to which we always invite a speaker of topical interest or a public meeting on a subject of current interest. Our Call to Action meeting was a chance for members to initiate their own campaigns.
In addition, GoBike local groups may hold their own meetings, announced in the newsletters and on this page.
Glasgow (open) Committee Meetings
Our committee meetings in 2018 will all be on Tuesdays and the time will be 19:00 – 21:30
Tea/coffee available from 7pm, for a prompt start at 7.30
Meetings for 2018 are scheduled for 9 January / 13 March / 8 May / 11 September / 13 November.
The venue is the Friends Meeting House, Elmbank Crescent, Charing Cross, Glasgow (across the road from Charing Cross station).
Anyone wishing to join GoBike may
come along to any meeting and join there if you wish. New members are always welcome.
GoBike members may come to Committee Meetings, listen and take part, but may not vote (should a voting situation arise).
Annual General Meetings
- 2017: Our AGM was held on Wednesday 29 November at the Admiral Bar, 72a Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA doors open at 7pm, AGM at 7:30 and our Public Meeting at 8pm. Our Guest Speaker this year is Councillor Anna Richardson, Glasgow City Council’s Convenor for Sustainability and Carbon Reduction.
- 2016: Our AGM was held on Wednesday 23 November, doors open at 7pm, AGM at 7:30 and our Public Meeting at 8pm. Our Guest Speaker this year was Councillor Martin McElroy, cycling spokesperson on Glasgow City Council. He spoke to Glasgow’s Strategic Plan for Cycling.
Go Bike AGM 23 November 2016 Convenor’s presentation
All members can vote in the AGM.
Our Call to Action public meeting was on Saturday 29 July 2017 at City Park Glasgow, see our home page for details.
The 2017 Public Meeting was a Hustings for the Local Authority Elections. The flyer is here: May2017 GB Hustings flyer and the event was held at the Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow on Wednesday 19 April. Doors opened at 7pm with a start at 7;30 Our Press Release is here:Press Release GoBike Hustings 2017 – it’s tomorrow
The 2016 Public Meeting was held on Wednesday 16 March in the Admiral Bar; this was a Hustings for the 2016 Holyrood Elections.
GoBike in East Dunbartonshire
GoBike is active in East Dunbartonshire in Friends of Bears Way
GoBike in East Renfrewshire
GoBike has a growing presence in East Renfrewshire and to find out what is going on there contact Duncan Macintyre, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
GoBike in South Lanarkshire
GoBike is active in South Lanarkshire and we are represented on the South Lanarkshire Cycling Partnership meetings held by South Lanarkshire Council.
Minutes of Meetings
The most recent minutes of GoBike AGMs:
- 2016 Minutes AGM 22/11/16
- 2015 Minutes AGM 18/11/15
- 2014 Minute AGM 12/11/14
- 2013 Cll McAveety – AGM 27/11/13
- 2013 Minute AGM 27/11/13
- 2013 Convenor Report, AGM 2013
- 2012 Minute AGM 22/11/12
Convenor’s presentation from the 2014 GoBike Public Meeting:
The most recent minutes of GoBike committee meetings:2016 Committee Minutes 080316