Meetings are either committee meetings, although any member may attend, held to discuss organisational and campaigning issues, or Annual General Meetings to which we always invite a speaker of topical interest or a public meeting on a subject of current interest. Our Call to Action meeting on 29 July 2017 is a dynamic departure from our previous events!
In addition, Go Bike local groups may hold their own meetings, announced in the newsletters and on this page.
Glasgow (open) Committee Meetings
Our committee meetings in 2017 will all be on Tuesdays and the time will be 19:00 – 21:30.
Tea/coffee available from 7pm, for a prompt start at 7.30
The venue is the Friends Meeting House, Elmbank Crescent, Charing Cross, Glasgow (across the road from Charing Cross station).
Anyone wishing to join Go Bike! may
come along to any meeting and join there if you wish. New members are always welcome.
GoBike! members may come to Committee Meetings, listen and take part, but may not vote (should a voting situation arise).
Annual General Meetings
- 2016: Our AGM this year was held on Wednesday 23 November, doors open at 7pm, AGM at 7:30 and our Public Meeting at 8pm. Our Guest Speaker this year was Councillor Martin McElroy, cycling spokesperson on Glasgow City Council. He spoke to Glasgow’s Strategic Plan for Cycling. Go Bike AGM 23 November 2016 Convenor’s presentation
- 2015: Doors opened 7pm, AGM 7:30, with speakers at 8pm, on Wednesday 18 November 2015. Venue: the Admiral Bar, 72a Waterloo Street Glasgow.
- 2014: 7pm for 7.30pm, Wednesday, 12 November 2014 – was held at the Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street. This was a short AGM followed by talks from Brenda Mitchell of Road Share and Donald Urquhart of the Scottish Road Justice Group.
All members can vote in the AGM.
Our Call to Action public meeting is on Saturday 29 July at City Park Glasgow, see our home page for details. If you are interested please register now.
The 2017 Public Meeting was a Hustings for the Local Authority Elections. The flyer is here: May2017 GB! Hustings flyer and the event was held at the Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow on Wednesday 19 April. Doors opened at 7pm with a start at 7;30 Our Press Release is here:Press Release GoBike Hustings 2017 – it’s tomorrow
The 2016 Public Meeting was held on Wednesday 16 March in the Admiral Bar; this was a Hustings for the 2016 Holyrood Elections.
The 2015 Public Meeting was held on Wednesday 11 March with Carlyn Fraser from Clackmannanshire Council and Phil Noble from City of Edinburgh Council telling us about the innovative things they have done in their local authority areas to improve cycling.
The 2014 Public Meeting was held on 12 March in the Admiral Bar, with Andrew Brown from Glasgow City Council speaking on the City Centre Transport Strategy, with respect to cycling.
GoBike! in East Dunbartonshire
GoBike! is active in East Dunbartonshire in Friends of Bears Way
GoBike! in East Renfrewshire
GoBike! has a growing presence in East Renfrewshire and to find out what is going on there contact Duncan Macintyre, e-mail: email@example.com
GoBike! in South Lanarkshire
GoBike! is active in South Lanarkshire and we are represented on the South Lanarkshire Cycling Partnership meetings held by South Lanarkshire Council.
Minutes of Meetings
The most recent minutes of Go Bike AGMs:
- 2015 Draft Minutes AGM 18/11/15
- 2014 Minute AGM 12/11/14
- 2013 Cll McAveety – AGM 27/11/13
- 2013 Minute AGM 27/11/13
- 2013 Convenor Report, AGM 2013
- 2012 Minute AGM 22/11/12
Convenor’s presentation from the 2014 Go Bike Public Meeting:
The most recent minutes of Go Bike committee meetings:
- 2013 Committee Minutes 150513
- 2013 Committee Minutes 030913
- 2014 Committee Minutes 140114
- 2014 Committee Minutes 110314
- 2014 Committee Minutes 130514
- 2014 Committee Minutes 090914
- 2015 Committee Minutes 130115
- 2015 Committee Minutes 120515
- 2015 Committee Minutes 080915
- 2015 Committee Minutes 101115
- 2016 Committee Minutes 080316
- 2016 Committee Minutes100516
- 2016 Committee Minutes130916
- 2016 Committee Minutes 081116
- 2017 Committee Minutes 100117